Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Back at work

I've been at work for a week now. I have to say that it's not horrible, but I miss my boys so much.

I'm so thankful that I was able to spend three full months at home to take care of Declan and spend time with Silas. We are even more thankful to the grandparents, who are taking care of both boys while we work. It would be so much harder if we had to do this and have the boys with strangers or at the very least with people that we didn't know as well.

The boys seem to be fine with the new arrangements. The first day was by far the hardest, but it makes me appreciate the time we have together when I'm not at work. The snuggles and cuddles are even more special, dinner and reading books with Silas more fun, the multiple wake up times are still hard, but valuable minutes with Declan that I wouldn't have otherwise.

I wish I could be at home with them, but even though I can't be I know they are loved and being well cared for.

I only have to get through this next week and then we'll be spending two wonderful weeks together while on Christmas break. We are really looking forward to it and hoping there will be snow while we are up in Greer. Even though Declan won't be able to appreciate his first snow, I'm sure Silas will enjoy it for them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment