Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Eight Months old



Declan is 8 months old! 

He is cutting upper teeth, starting to sleep more consistently, and army crawling all over the place! He gets up on his knees and rocks back and forth, but doesn't seem to coordinate it with a crawl.  I'm sure he'll be there with it soon enough. In the meantime, we can't put him on the floor unsupervised at all. He is particularly fond of the door stop springs and power cords. It's time to baby proof the house! 


When I compare Silas and Declan I can see so many similarities. Look at that scraggly hair! I will not be waiting a year to cut Declan's. I imagine he'll be getting one very soon! I love that they share the chubby cheeks and button nose, but have different shades of blue eyes and brown hair. I can't wait to see what they look like in a few years, but don't want to speed up the aging process! 


This month we were super busy! We spent a long weekend in Greer and we didn't plan for how cold it was going to be or the snow that was falling! They boys took their first shared bath. Declan loves the bathtub just as much as Silas did (and still does!). Grandpa Great came down for a visit. I love that my grandpa is so involved with the boys. He loves his great grandchildren so much! Easter was very busy, but I think Declan enjoyed his basket and discovering the plastic eggs. 

Next month he'll be nine months and we'll have a well baby check. I'm excited to see his growth. So far he's been on the small size, but there isn't anything wrong with that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment