Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Friday, July 19, 2013

Preparing for baby

In the last few weeks the nesting bug has hit me.


  • I have put together the crib (but not made it up yet)
  • Cleaned out Silas' closet
  • Unpacked, sorted, and hung up Newborn-9 month clothing
  • Washed all the bedding, receiving blankets, wash clothes, and bibs
  • Prepped all of the newborn diapers
  • Put away all of the generous baby shower gifts
  • Wrote and mailed out the thank you cards for said gifts
  • Unpacked and put away the tub of school books in the living room
  • Sorted and cleaned up Silas' toys


I need to a few more things to prepare for Declan, including


  • Make the crib
  • Bring in the pack n play, swing, car seat, and other baby gear
  • Clean up the baby gear and get it placed where I want it to go
  • Hang Declan's name in the boy's room
  • Purchase final items from the baby registry (if interested you can find it here)


In addition to preparing for Declan, I also have to prepare for a new school year. Teachers go back on August 5th with students returning on August 12th. I'm due the week after that, but fully anticipate Declan not arriving until the very end of the month. That being said, I still have a ton to do to prepare. I've spent the last few days working on school projects.


  • Lesson plans August - November
  • Snack Menus
  • Newsletters
They are not 100% complete, but they will be once I have access to my classroom and some more information, which will come when the school year starts. Unfortunately that means I'll be spending a few evenings working late to get caught up. I am hoping to get into my classroom a week early so I can start unpacking and rearranging. There was major work done with the plumping in my building so I'm basically starting from scratch this year. Given how far along I am I need some help. I may be putting an SOS on Facebook for friends who might be able to give a helping hand.


  • Rearrange furniture
  • Unpack boxes
  • Organize art cabinet 
  • Put together new tables
  • Put together new easel 
  • Hang bulletins (parent wall, birthday wall, art displays, picture wall, alphabet wall)
  • Start the insane amount of paper work
    • Call new families to set up classroom visit
    • Finish all paperwork for new students
    • Create documents for DHS
      • sign ins
      • health/accident records
      • document collection 
It's all very overwhelming to think about. I am hoping they will allow my EA to come in early to help too, but if she isn't paid I doubt she'll be able to do it. I plan on working until Declan arrives so it's pretty much up in the air concerning when I will be home. If he doesn't arrive before Labor Day I will go on Maternity leave then. I'll be 42 weeks so my options will be very limited. I hope he decides to come before then, but not before school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment