Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Saturday, August 3, 2013

37+ weeks


This picture is from 36 weeks, but I'm a bit slow in posting. I'm 37 weeks, but will be 38 weeks in a few days. I'm feeling really good lately and no, I'm not anxiously awaiting Declan's arrival. I'm actually hoping he'll hold on for another two weeks (or more!).

This last week I spent working on my classroom. I had a lot of helpers including my mom, my best friend, and my priest (and also friend!) from church. It is pretty much all done at this point. They had to do some work in my room this summer which resulted in new tile, new walls, and when it's installed a new sink.

As of Friday the sink and cabinets were not installed. I am hoping it will be completed over the weekend, if not then on Monday. I'm also waiting for some new furniture to be delivered. I am holding parent interviews every afternoon this coming week (in between in service meetings) and am not looking forward to the room not being completed when families comes in.

I'm so overwhelmed and preoccupied with work that I haven't been able to focus on the impending birth of this baby. I hope he will hold out until after his due date. I would love to spend a week or two with kiddos before I leave for 12 weeks.

I need to finish a few things around the house too. I need to dress the crib and get that put in place, put the baby equipment together and in place (although I'm holding out on both because of the kitties), and some general cleaning. I hope to use the next few weeks and weekends to finish those projects before Declan arrives.

I have no signs of him coming, although I've been having strong braxton hicks contractions every evening. Taking a shower or bath makes them go away. I'm sure I'll know it when he is coming, although I know I have a few staff members at work on edge. I need to make a plan for if labor does start at work, but I'm betting on it happening at night. We shall see though!

No comments:

Post a Comment