Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Newborn high

We are three weeks into our baby moon and I'm intoxicated by the newborn high.

The sleepless nights and the poopy diapers aren't much fun, but there are so many amazing things that make being tired and covered in poo tolerable.

The newborn smell. I can't get enough of that sweet delicious scent. I have no idea how to describe it but it's probably the best smell in the world. I could spend hours with my nose pressed against the top of his head inhaling his sweetness.

Baby noises. I love the coos, sighs, and even the cries. His tiny voice brings a smile to my face and I find his random sounds adorable. I find myself just staring at him and smiling at his gurgles and squeaks.

Soft skin and hair. My favorite thing to do is to lay on the couch with Declan laying against my chest. I spend the entire nap time stroking his delicate arms, hands, legs and feet. I run my fingers through his fine baby hair and wonder if it will stay or if it will fall out. I softly rub my fingers against his chubby little cheeks and watch as nestles in against me closer.

It's all so wonderful even during the unpleasant parts. I'm sure this is why you forget the laboring processes and want to do it all over again... not saying that I'm ready to talk about that though!






No comments:

Post a Comment