Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

38 Weeks

Today I'm 38 weeks pregnant! I had an OB appointment today and all went very well. Declan is right on target and now we just wait for him. He can come anytime he wants, or he could be late. Who knows, except maybe him and God.

I'm not in any rush for him to arrive. I'm actually hoping to spend some time in my classroom with children. This week we are holding parent interviews and have 10/30 completed. I have 10 openings for special needs children which will be filled throughout the school year. I feel confident that my EA will be able to manage things if Declan decides to come early, but I'm not super worried. I think he'll hold out a while longer. I plan on finalizing plans, printing things out and sending electronic copies to all the important people. After it's smooth sailing until Declan arrives.

I have some more pictures to share! This is a sample of the maternity pictures a friend of my took for us. It was her gift and we are so thankful for them. She was able to get some great shots of us and of Silas.


I'm a huge fan of the picture of Silas kissing my belly. He is so ready to be a big brother. He talks about "Baby Declan, brother" all the time! It helps that he gets to love and help his Aunt Andi with her three little guys.

Not only is Silas becoming a big brother, but this summer he became an older cousin. My baby sister and her husband welcomed three identical triplets into the world this June and all three are finally out of the NICU and are home. For now home is at Mema and Papa's house until they are assigned and settling into housing at the new base. I think it's great that Silas gets to spend so much time with his cousins and his Aunt Andi.

The last few days that I've been at work Silas has had the opportunity to help out and cuddle babies. I'm sure he will be a pro before Declan even arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment