Joshua, Victoria, Silas, Declan, & Amelia

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

39 weeks


This is actually a photo of me at 38 weeks. I've just been too busy to post it! I'm 39 weeks as of yesterday. My EDD is August 20th, but I'm not holding my breath. 

EDDs are estimated due dates. It's an estimation. Babies are typically born between 37 and 42 weeks, so I'm not worried if Declan doesn't arrive on the 20th. I was so concerned about Silas' due date and stressed out every day for eight days when he didn't arrive on his May 6th EDD. I'm seriously not worried about it this time around. Declan will come when he is suppose to. 

My OB is pleased with how things are progressing. I saw her on Tuesday and my blood pressure is low, baby is low, heart rate is good and the belly is measuring right on target. We're just waiting for him to choose his birthday. I've not had any cervical checks and I'm so happy that my OB is not phased by my decision to not know. It's not a good indicator and it wouldn't do anything except drive me nuts. I'm better off not knowing. 

We are all prepared for Declan. The house is in good working order, the crib is prepared, all the clothes are washed and hung, the baby equipment is clean and ready for a tiny baby. Even Mr. Silas is ready for Declan to arrive. He asks me every day if "Baby Declan, brother, ready to come home". It is seriously the cutest thing ever. I'm so proud of how excited he is to be a brother! 

Work is ready too. I'd like to spend a few more days with my new kiddos, but I wouldn't be phased if I had to leave them at this point. There is no more prepared I could have my classroom or my EA.

Friday is Josh's 38th birthday. We are going to go to dinner with some friends and hang out at Burger Rehab (owned by Josh's uncle). It's going to be low key, but I think Josh appreciates that. I can't wait for him to open his presents from me and the boys. The hope is the rest of the weekend will be left putting our feet up and just waiting for Mr. Declan to arrive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment